Sunday, 16 December 2012

IELTS Speaking Task 2 - Survey/Questionnaire


This Question is taken from Cambridge IELTS Book 8, test 1



Describe a time when you were asked to give your opinion in a questionnaire or survey.

You should say:

What the questionnaire/survey was about 
Why you were asked to give your opinion
What opinions you gave
And explain how you felt about giving your opinion in this questionnaire/survey

Let me tell you about a time when I was asked to take part in a questionnaire. It was last week, in fact, at my local shopping Mall. I had just finished doing my weekly grocery shopping and was walking along minding my own business when I was approached by a well dressed man in his early twenties. He politely asked if I could help him by answered a few questions about the shopping mall. I agreed as he seemed like an amiable character and I wasn't pressed for time. He questioned me about my personal experiences of the mall. For example, he asked me “Are there any brands that I would personally like to see in the mall?” Also, “Does the mall have enough restaurants?” And the final question that I can remember was “How would I rate the mall compared to others in the area?” I answered the questions the best I could, as I wanted to help him out. I told him that the mall needs a Pizza Express which is my favourite pizza restaurant back in the UK. Furthermore, I said that the mall would benefit greatly from an upgrade to its public toilets, an essential, but sometimes dirty public convenience. Personally speaking, I love speaking in questionnaires if I have time because as a business owner, it is good to get an idea of how other successful local businesses are conducting their marketing campaigns. I often analyse and apply their model in my own line of work; thus, I find it to be an opportunity not a chore.

No comments:

Post a Comment